Why We Need SMARTER Public Leadership!
By Richard Brody | Submitted On June 23, 2020
How often, have we thought, we need SMARTER public leaders, who are ready, willing, and able to effectively plan, and prepare, to improve and enhance the greater good? Time, after time, someone says, that doesn't make much common sense, without realizing it is, perhaps, one of the rarest human characteristics/ traits! Because of the nature of our political system, few, seem to have the inner fortitude, and strength, to put the best interests of those, they serve and represent, ahead of their own, personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self - interest! When, seeking smarter leadership, it includes, not only, the aptitude, and skill - set, needed, and necessary, but the right combination of experience, and expertise, to proceed, in a prepared way, with better judgment, and, hopefully, wisdom. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Sane; sustainable; stronger/ strengths; service; solutions: Have you ever wondered, why, so many elected officials, seem to proceed, with little, relevant, sanity? They often, put populist politics, and short - term, fixes, ahead of the common good, and care planning, to implement the finest strategy, which is both, relevant, and sustainable? Instead of proceeding, to make us stronger, too few, discover the strengths, to build - upon, in order to provide quality service, and viable solutions, instead of empty rhetoric!
2. Motivating; make mark; metrics: The most motivating thing, any public leader, can do, to make his mark, for the better, is to measure relevant metrics, and proceed with a strategically, planned, comprehensive, well - considered, action plan!
3. Attitude; aptitude; attention: It takes a true, positive, can - do, attitude (but, without wearing, rose - colored - glasses), to effectively inspire and motivate others, to meaningful action! Combining this, with a well - developed, aptitude, and skill - set, and the right individual, who might pay keen attention, to the needed and necessary details, are the essence of the most desirable public leader!
4. Relevant; reasoning: The same - old, same - old, is not leading! When President Trump, uses as his theme/ slogan, Make America Great Again, it tends to highlight the good - old days, instead of focusing on what's most relevant! Examine the reasoning, and rationale, of a politician/ candidate, before electing him/her, to public office!
5. Timely; time - tested; trust/ trustworthy: Great public leaders always, proceed with well - considered, timely action! They use time - tested methods, combined with proceeding with the ability to think - outside - the - box, relevant ideas! They must maintain genuine, absolute integrity, in order to earn their constituent's trust, and prove, they are trustworthy!
6. Empathy; emphasis; energize; excellence: People want a leader, who clearly demonstrates, genuine empathy, and cares about them! He puts his emphasis on their needs, goals, priorities, and perceptions, and energizes them, with his commitment to quality, and excellence!
7. Responsive; responsibility: Instead of serving their interests, seek someone, who is responsive to our needs, and assumes responsibility, instead of resorting to blaming, and complaining!
We need, and deserve, SMARTER leadership, than we often receive, from elected officials. Demand more, and better, if you want true changes, for the better!
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, and worked on political campaigns, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. Website: http://plan2lead.net and LIKE the Facebook page for common sense: http://facebook.com/commonsense4all
#leadership #politics #elections #motivational #education
Brody, R. (2020, June 23). Why We Need SMARTER Public Leadership?. Retrieved June 23, 2020, from http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-We-Need-SMARTER-Public-Leadership?&id=10314382
You must be logged in to post a comment.